Morningstar Air Express provides air cargo services utilizing a fleet of B757, ATR72 and C208 aircraft, operating on behalf of FedEx Canada.
Our dedicated flight crew operate with a safety-driven customer service focus which allows us to excel in terms of both our safety and on-time performance metrics.
We pride ourselves on our highly professional airline environment where everyone knows each other because of our family style culture. Although we are a busy, growing airline, the flight operations management team are always approachable and know each of our flight crew personally.
Our flight crew average 12 to 14 days per month, are at home most weekends and holidays. We are a 24 hour operation. Flight schedules vary with aircraft type and base locations.
All Flight Crew must possess:
- Valid Category 1 Medical Certificate
- Valid Passport and Provincial Driver’s License
- Commercial Pilot License
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC);
Boeing 757 flight crew have:
- A minimum 3000 hours total time;
- Valid IFR;
- IATRA exams written and passed within the previous 2 yrs;
Cessna Caravan 208 and Aerospatiale ATR – 72 flight crew have:
- A minimum 1500 hours total time, or 1000 hours total time with 500 hours on type
- Group 1 or 3 Instrument Rating
Locations of our Flight Crew Bases
- Winnipeg – Cessna Caravan 208 crew
- Vancouver - Cessna Caravan 208 crew
- Montreal (Mirabel) – ATR-72 crew
- Toronto – Boeing 757 and Cessna Caravan 208 crew